Mazuri® Mini Pig Active Adult is a moderate-energy, high-fiber food formulated to support moderate growth for adult exotic miniature pigs. This mini pig diet offers proper nutrition and can be used as a maintenance diet for active, adult animals or fed in combination with Mazuri® Mini Pig Youth to support the nutrient needs of gestating or lactating females. No supplementation is needed with Mazuri® mini pig food.
Features and Benefits
Moderate-energy, high-fiber ratio - For controlled growth and consumption rates.
Complete nutrition - Supplemental vitamins and minerals not required.
Amino acid balanced - Provides the amino acids needed in active stage.
Pellet form - Easy to feed; minimizes dust and waste.
Zinc methionine and natural vitamin E - Provides for optimal skin condition.
- No meat products.
Urine acidifier and Yucca extract added - Aimed to decrease urinary calculi and ammonia in urine.
Added flaxseed - To support skin and immune system health.
Product Form: Mini-Cube size: 5/32" diameter x 1/2" length
|Crude protein not less than
Lysine not less than
Crude fat not less than
Omega-3 Fatty Acids not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Salt not less than
Salt not more than
Selenium not less than
Zinc not less than
Vitamin E not less than
- Feed Mazuri® Mini Pig Active Adult to pigs previously fed Mazuri® Mini Pig Youth or to other pigs being maintained. Mix this product with equal amounts of prior product for at least 3-5 days to help adjust animals to new feed.
- The level of feed intake depends on many factors some of which include: environmental temperature, other foods available, level of activity and social hierarchy.
- For maintenance of more active, young adult animals (up to 1 ½ years of age), regulate feed to a level which maintains body weight without putting on excess fat. A level of 1.0 - 2.0% current body weight works well for many owners. Measuring food by weight is recommended; see Feeding Rate table on the product sheet using the Complete Nutrition Information link above.
- Change to Mazuri® Youth diet as desired to regulate growth in these scenarios:
- For gestating or lactating females, feed a mixture of 50% Mazuri® Mini Pig Active Adult and 50% Mazuri® Mini Pig Youth for increased energy.
- For higher energy needs, as in the case of large litter size or multiple breedings, increase Mazuri® Mini Pig Youth to 60% of daily intake.
- When using a self-feeder, make sure it is adjusted for minimize feed wastage.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
Feeding rates available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, wheat middlings, ground oats, dehulled soybean meal, dehydrated alfalfa meal, ground soybean hulls, flaxseed, dried beet pulp, dicalcium phosphate, calcium lignin sulfonate (pelleting agent), cane molasses, calcium carbonate, ammonium chloride, salt, dl-methionine, choline chloride, zinc methionine complex, dried yucca shidigera extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, calcium pantothenate, ferrous sulfate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, riboflavin, vitamin A acetate, thiamin mononitrate, niacin, citric acid, artificial flavors, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), l-lysine, manganese sulfate, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), manganous oxide, BHT (a preservative), propylene glycol, zinc oxide, rosemary extract, lecithin, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, copper chloride, sodium selenite.