Mazuri® Mini Pig Elder Diet is a low-energy, high-fiber food formulated to meet the needs of older exotic miniature pigs. This Mazuri® mini pig diet is designed to support healthy weight while satisfying hunger and can be used as a maintenance diet for adult animals that are not reproducing or lactating. No supplementation is needed with Mazuri® miniature pig food.
Features and Benefits
Low-energy, high-fiber ratio - To support the health of less active mature animals.
Complete nutrition - Supplemental vitamins and minerals not required.
Amino acid balanced - Provides the amino acids needed in elder stage.
Pellet form - Easy to feed; minimizes waste.
Zinc methionine and natural vitamin E - Provides for better skin condition.
- No meat products.
Urine acidifier and Yucca extract added - To address urinary calculi and ammonia in urine.
Added flaxseed - To support skin and immune system health.
Product Form: Mini-Cube size: 5/32" diameter x 1/2" length
|Crude protein not less than
Lysine not less than
Crude fat not less than
Omega-3 Fatty Acids not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Calcium not less than
Calcium not more than
Phosphorus not less than
Salt not less than
Salt not more than
Selenium not less than
Zinc not less than
- Feed Mazuri® Mini Pig Elder to pigs previously fed Mazuri® Mini Pig Active Adult or to less active senior or overweight mini pigs. Mix this product with equal amounts of prior product for at least 3-5 days to help adjust animals to new feed.
- The level of feed intake depends on many factors some of which include: environmental temperature, other foods available, level of activity and social hierarchy.
- For maintenance of adult animals (1 ½ years of age or older), regulate feed to a level which maintains body weight without putting on excess fat. A level of 1.0 - 2.0% current body weight works well for many owners. Active animals may require more feed. Measuring of food by weight is recommended; see Feeding Rate table on the product sheet using the Complete Nutrition Information link above.
- When using a self-feeder, make sure it is adjusted for minimize feed wastage.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh clean water.
Feeding rates available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, ground oats, wheat middlings, ground soybean hulls, dehydrated alfalfa meal, flaxseed, dicalcium phosphate, cane molasses, calcium carbonate, dried beet pulp, calcium lignin sulfonate (pellet binder), l-lysine, ammonium chloride, salt, choline chloride, zinc methionine complex, dried yucca shidigera extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, calcium pantothenate, d-alpha-tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), ferrous sulfate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, riboflavin, l-tryptophan, niacin, thiamin mononitrate, artificial flavors, citric acid, monosodium glutamate (flavor enhancer), dl-methionine, manganese sulfate, manganous oxide, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), copper sulfate, BHT (a preservative), propylene glycol, ascorbic acid, rosemary extract, zinc sulfate, lecithin, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, copper chloride, sodium selenite.