PREMIUM ALFALFA/GRASS GRAB & GO® COMPRESSED BALE
Premium Alfalfa/Grass Grab & Go® Compressed Bales are formed by allowing Standlee Premium Western Forage® to grow to the proper stage of maturity, cutting the plants, allowing them to sun-cure (dry) to an acceptable moisture level and baling the forage at the optimal time. Standlee Premium Western Forage® creates Grab & Go® compressed bales of forage from a large 4’x4’x8’ bale that is put through a press, sliced horizontally, pushed onto a scale, weighed, compressed, banded and then shrink-wrapped. This combination of Alfalfa and mixed Grasses is moderate in protein and sugar and is very palatable.
Growing (moderate to rapid growth) and underweight horses, horses sensitive to carbohydrates, horses with gastric ulcers, performance horses, late pregnancy and lactating mares, breeding stallions and senior horses
Forage is the most important component of a horse’s diet and should be fed at a rate of 1.5-2.5% of a horse’s body weight.
OTHER PRODUCT BENEFITS
- Low in carbohydrates
- Lower calories and protein than straight alfalfa
- Natural forage length mimics grazing
- Slow intake, stimulates chewing and minimizes digestive upset
- Convenient to handle and store
- Physical form allows visual inspection of quality and consistency
|Crude Protein||Min 12%|
|Crude Fat||Min 1.5%|
|Crude Fiber||Max 32%|
Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Alfalfa Forage, Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Orchard Grass Forage, Naturally Sun-Cured Premium Western Timothy Grass Forage, Naturally Sun-Cured Idaho Native Grasses
- Weigh the amount of forage provided to each horse to ensure you are feeding the proper amount. This is especially important with baled and compressed forage since similar volumes of forage (a flake for example) vary in weight.
- Cut the bands on compressed bales 8 to 10 hours before feeding to allow the bale to expand to avoid overfeeding.
- Gradually replace existing hay with Standlee Premium Western Forage® over a 7-10 day period. Replace existing hay on a 1 to 1 basis with Standlee Premium Western Forage®.
- Never feed moldy or insect infested forage to horses.
- Always provide free-access to fresh, clean water.
If you have questions, please contact the nutritionists at Standlee Premium Western Forage®, or consult with your veterinarian.