Purina® Omolene #300® Growth Horse Feed
Purina's Omolene® Horse Feeds deliver consistent, superior quality that helps keep your horse looking great. That's because no other feed company spends the time and effort researching feeds like Purina, where new products or improvements to existing feeds are only brought to market when they have repeatedly proven themselves to deliver what you expect.
When you feed Purina's Omolene® Horse Feed you will have the peace of mind that comes from the trust in and reputations of the Purina® and the Omolene® brands, which are backed by industry leading research and over 100 years of equine nutrition.
A NAME YOU CAN TRUST. A DIFFERENCE YOU CAN SEE.®
Features & Benefits
Designed to be fed with hay or pasture
Fortified with Milk Components
Including amino acids and polysaccharides as found in mare’s milk for optimal muscle growth and bone development in foals
High Quality Protein
With increased calories to support lactation when mares and foals are eating together
Natural Whole Grains
A natural source of antioxidants, phytochemicals and fiber for lower feeding rates and designed to address digestive upset
Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget
A proprietary blend of vegetable oils, flax seed and rice bran for an optimal fatty acid profile to support weight gain, development, shine and bloom
Helps to prevent bricking in the winter and drying out in the summer
Vitamin & Mineral Fortification
Provides 100% of the required vitamins and minerals for foals and lactating mares when fed as directed
Based on “Nutrient Requirements of Horses Sixth Revised Edition–2007” published by the National Research Council
|Lactating Mare||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||7.0||9.5||12.0||14.5||17.0|
|Omolene #300® Horse Feed (lbs/day)**||7.50||10.00||12.50||15.00||17.50|
|Weaned Foal Through Yearling||Weight of Horse in Pounds|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||3.0||4.00||6.00||7.00||8.50|
|Omolene #300® Horse Feed 7.75-10.0(lbs/day)***||7.25-7.75||7.50-8.50||7.00-9.25||7.50-9.50||7.75-10.00|
*These recommendations are based on the mare eating the minimum recommended amount of hay per day of 1.2 pounds per 100 pounds of body weight. If feeding more hay, reduce the feeding rate of Omolene #300® horse feed by 1 pound for every additional 2 pounds of hay fed.
** Do not feed less than 0.35 pounds per 100 pounds body weight per day.
*** Use lower feeding rate for moderate growth rate and higher feeding rate to support more rapid growth.
Suckling foals: Begin offering feed. Feed 1 pound of Omolene #300® horse feed per month of age per day. 700-pound weanlings: For horses with expected mature weight of 1,000 pounds or who are 12 months of age, change to Omolene #200® horse feed and feed as directed.
- Feeding rates will vary with size, age, temperament, health status, forage quality,climate and activity level. Feed at regular times - at least twice daily - with three daily feedings preferred. Let horses feed in a natural position from troughs with large bottoms, placed at normal head height or lower. Do not feed free-choice. Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feedstuff.
- Reduce and/or delay feeding a horse which is hot, excited or showing pain, has fever or diarrhea. Consult your veterinarian if any problems arise.
- Always feed a minimum of 1.0 to 1.2 lbs per 100 lbs of body weight of good quality,clean hay or the equivalent in pasture.
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days. Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1.0 lb per day for each horse.
- Have plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times. Provide your horse with access to salt. Maintain an effective control program for internal parasites. Have the horse's teeth examined annually and consult your veterinarian on a regular basis.
- Make the feed change gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days.
- Mix the new feed with the old, gradually increasing the amount of the new feed while decreasing an equal amount of the old.
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed 1 pound per day for each horse.
We Also Recommend
Purina® Strategy® Professional Formula GX Horse Feed